I thought Mayor Bob Filner had made such great therapeutic progress that he was going to go back to his mayor job, but no, he is apparently taking the easy way out and slinking away from public life. He is surely doing San Diegans a favor.
But what the heck are you doing, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, renouncing your homeland of Canada? Bad decision, I think. There are so few civilized countries on the planet, why mess with one of them? After Hillary Clinton succeeds Obama, the plagues and maybe the apocalypse are sure gonna get us, and maybe even global warming will be part of the divine plan to punish America. Canada might have half a mind to not let you unrenounce four years from now and become Canadian again. I know you still have time to turn away from your rash promise to renounce and turn back into the dual citizen you were naturally born to be. Can I tell Donald Trump or do you want to let him know first?
- How U.S. Senator Ted Cruz can renounce his Canadian citizenship (cbc.ca)
- Canada Responds to Ted Cruz’s Renunciation of Citizenship (newrepublic.com)
- Ted Cruz, Canadian-American (theatlantic.com)
- Dual Citizenship in America (wnyc.org)
- How to Renounce Your Citizenship (news.nationalgeographic.com)