In a desperate effort to change the narrative and thus win the day, President Obama is reported to have denied today that the NSA is surveilling or will ever be surveilling the Amazonian vegetarian piranha.
Angela Merkel is said to be developing a state-of-the-art liverwurst to tempt the piranhas. Francois Hollande remarked ironically that if Americans possessed more acute theoretical faculties we would perceive that Obama had said nothing, nothing to exclude U.S. surveillance of vegan piranhas. Hollande denied rumors of a French plot even more insidious than Chancellor Merkel’s: to introduce the vegan/vegetarian piranhas to appellation controlled Roquefort.
- Angela Merkel demands answers from Obama as Germany says US may have tapped her phone (independent.co.uk)
- Merkel calls Obama to complain about surveillance (sfgate.com)
- Merkel concern at ‘US phone spying’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Purring monkey and vegetarian piranha among 400 new Amazon species (theguardian.com)
- Never-before-seen pictures of new animal species discovered in the Amazon (dailymail.co.uk)