Congratulations, Senator! So many billions of pieces of metadata you thought were “lawful” and “effective” and “conducted under careful oversight”–could the NSA have forgotten to tell you about Angela Merkel’s unencrypted Nokia? And you want everyone to know you do not like being left out of the loop? The leader of a new Church committee you will probably not be, but if the NSA’s spell on you is broken a little, that could be a good thing for the country.
- Dianne Feinstein: ‘I am totally opposed’ to NSA surveillance of US allies (theguardian.com)
- Feinstein Statement on Intelligence Collection of Foreign Leaders (feinstein.senate.gov)
- Glenn Greenwald: “Dianne Feinstein is Outright Lying” about NSA Surveillance Abuses (xrepublic.tv)
- Sen. Feinstein: ‘Total Review’ Of NSA Activities Needed (npr.org)
- National security: learning the Feinstein lesson | Editorial (theguardian.com)