Trump, Trump, Trump, why are you trying to fool us with your fake story that health care is complicated. It is so easy to understand that anybody who pays any attention at all to details figured it out a long time ago. Lemme break it down for you, in little pieces you oughta be able to chew:
- Your body is a lot like a broken-down used car. Not a fine-tuned mass-produced brand-new car.
- The market for health care is like the market for repairs of broken-down used cars, and not much like the market for new cars.
- For “free markets” to work “perfectly” everybody buying and selling has gotta have “perfect” information about the product being bought and sold.
- Thus a “free market” system to provide health care is not gonna be perfect. This is called “market failure.” Sometimes government regulation does not make everything perfect, but it is often worth a try.
- You, as President, have all kinds of power (via the administrative state your strategist says he wants to deconstruct) to negotiate good prices on drugs and the delivery of health care services–on behalf of all 320 million Americans.
- The word for your power is “monopsony.” Look it up, and then use it. You can become the greatest monopsonist ever!